Supplier Quality Assurance Supervisor
Location: Solihull | Contract: Permanent
We are now looking for a Supplier Quality Assurance Supervisor to lead the SQA function across our 2 UK plants.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain relationships with the UK supplier network and act as key point of contact for both supplier and customer in the escalation process.
- Act as the UK interface between UK Plants and Head Office to report performance data and support the delivery of the strategic objectives.
- Analyse data to identify supplier performance issues and drive the resolution process.
- Technical responsibility for UK supplier quality team including training, development, escalation support.
- Responsible for monitoring complaints and driving cost recovery exercises.
- Perform Process Audits at supplier (VDA 6.3)
- Act as representative for internal, external and customer audits.
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to degree level in relevant engineering discipline, equivalent vocational qualification (HNC) or qualified by experience.
- Previous experience of managing supplier relationships, ideally within an automotive environment.
- Knowledge of and demonstrative experience of quality tools, techniques and processes (SPC, FMEA, APQP)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form at different levels and be confident in handling negotiations and conflict situations.
- Audit experience and ideally, knowledge of IATF 16949.
- Ideally VDA 6.3 Auditor
Willingness to travel between UK plants and local supplier base with occasional international travel to German Head Office & other sites within Europe.
To apply Click here