Head of Plant Quality
Location: Solihull | Contract: Permanent
We are now looking to recruit a new Head of Quality in our Solihull plant. The succesful candidate will ensure the product and process quality at the production location in both the project phase and during series production adheres to customer requirements. They will ensure the early identification of weak points and introduce all necessary corrective measures in connection with the other departments.
- Support the Strategy planning of the functional unit/division by breaking down the strategy for the department, developing department-specific goals and evaluating goal achievement.
- Provide technical and disciplinary leadership to associates that report to him/her; make personnel decisions in cooperation with the HR department and the Supervisor
- Set quality objectives and related training, corrective and preventive action; Assurance of product and process quality at the plant according to the customer requirements, from goods in up to finished products including selection of special characteristics, setting quality objectives and related training.
- Conduct product and process audits and technical revisions, as well as assure the analysis and evaluation of results and defect causes in the responsible plants, and assure the implementation of appropriate actions.
- Support with the preparation of external audits (e.g.TÜV/ CCC). Introduction of the corresponding corrective measures and guaranteeing their implementation in cooperation with the other Divisions of the production area.
- Ensuring the maintenance of necessary Q-documentation and corresponding communication to the employee at the location. Leading the DAU Management review. Continuous review of DPM and ensuring that procedures, instructions and all other documentation is up-to-date at all times, as well as change communicated into the Organisation (DRX in general and DAU as applicable)
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to degree level in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent technical qualification
- Previous experience in a Plant Quality management position.
- Expert level, comprehensive knowledge of Quality tools and specifications i.e. FMEA, SPC, PPAP, APQP, MSA, ISO/IATF16949 and an understanding of IS014001.
- Qualified as IATF auditor
- Proficient user of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrable expertise in Statistical Methods & Tools e.g. Minitab
- Confident communicator with the ability to manage conflict
To apply Click here